| 25 - 28 March 2024
|Online Assessor Courses
12 - 16 August 2024
|18 - 22 November 2024
26 - 28 August 2024
25– 27 November 2024
If you are interested in registering for any of these online courses, please email email@example.com for further details.
THE ASSESSOR’S COURSE
This five-day course aims to develop educators holistically, i.e. they develop the cognitive, practical and affective competencies of educators so that they can function effectively in their workplace. The course is hands-on, minds-on and customised for educators in the various phases of schooling. We believe in the transformative power of assessment in shaping teaching and learning. Therefore it is essential that educators have an applied understanding of the value of assessment and the assessment process, rather than just having technical know-how. The design of assessments is integrated into the course as educators do, in reality, design the assessments that they conduct.
The course is a stand- alone skills programme that carries 15 credits at Level 5 on the NQF. Participants are required to complete a portfolio of evidence and, should this meet the requirements of the standard, they will receive an ETDP SETA certificate of competence as well as 15 SACE CPD points.
At the end of the course assessors will be able to:
- Demonstrate applied understanding of outcomes-based assessment practice
- Demonstrate understanding of how to carry out RPL assessment
- Plan and prepare for assessment
- Prepare learners for assessment
- Conduct assessment using a range of developmentally appropriate methods to assess learners’ progress
- Evaluate evidence and make assessment judgements
- Use assessment to promote learning
- Record assessment results
- Provide feedback to relevant parties
- Report learners’ progress appropriately
- Use assessment to maintain standards
- Review assessment
- Prepare for internal and external moderation
- Reflect on own practice
THE MODERATOR’S COURSE
Our three day moderator course develops moderators holistically. It develops the cognitive, practical and affective competencies of moderators so that they can function effectively in their workplace. The course is hands-on, minds-on and customised for the various moderation contexts in which educators operate in schooling. It is essential that moderators have an applied understanding of their role in the quality management system in their schools and are able to ensure that assessment is valid, fair and reliable if assessment results are to be credible.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of a Standards-based Assessment system
- Plan and prepare for moderation
- Conduct moderation
- Advise and support Assessors
- Report, record and administer moderation
- Review moderation systems and processes
The course is a stand- alone skills programme that carries 10 credits at Level 6 on the NQF. Participants are required to complete a portfolio of evidence and, should this meet the requirements of the standard, they will receive an ETDP SETA certificate of competence. On completion of this course, educators also receive 10 SACE CPD points.